To transfer files to your site using WS_FTP, first you need to open the application and then follow this guide.
1. Connect to the site you wish to transfer the files to.
2. In the left pane, locate the files to transfer on your hard drive.
3. In the right pane, locate the directory where your files are stored on the server.
Note: The directory is usually called public_html, httpdocs, www or something similar.
4. Highlight the file on your hard drive you wish to transfer by clicking it.
Note: You can transfer multiple files by highlighting the first file, hold down the Shift key and highlighting the last file.
5. Click the 'Upload' button and the transfer will start.
Note: If any of the files currently exist on the server you will be asked if you wish to replace them.
6. To download files follow the same procedure, only highlight files in the right hand pane and use the 'Download' button