To transfer files to your site using Cute FTP, first you need to open the application and then follow this guide.
1. Connect to the site you wish to transfer the files to.
2. In the left pane, locate the files to transfer on your hard drive.
3. In the right pane, locate the directory where your files are stored on the server.
Note: The directory is usually called public_html, httpdocs, www or something similar.
4. Highlight the file on your hard drive you wish to transfer by clicking it.
Note: You can transfer multiple files by highlighting the first file, hold down the Ctrl key and highlighting the last file.
5. To transfer the files, you can drop and drag them from the left to the right or click the 'Upload' button on the toolbar.
Note: You may be prompted to overwrite a file if it currently exists.
6. To download files follow the same procedure, only highlight files in the right hand pane and use the 'Download' button