A Hotlink is when content on your site is illegally used (embedded) on another site, using your bandwidth as a file server. Hotlink protection will enable you stop people from linking directly to files and images on your website.
To use Hotlink Protection, first you need to login to your cPanel account and then follow this guide.
1. Click on the 'Hotlink Protection' icon, which can be found in the Security section of your cPanel home screen.
2. In the 'URL's to allow access' field, ensure that your own sites, including sub-domains are listed.
3. In the 'Block direct access for these extensions' field, enter all the file types you want to protect.
4. In the 'Redirect request to this URL' field, enter the URL to redirect anyone attempting to hotlink your files.
5. Click 'Submit' and Hotlink Protection is enabled