Creating Cron Jobs
A cron job is a scheduled task that takes place at predetermined times on the server.
To create a cron job, first you need to login to your cPanel account and then follow this guide.
1. Click on the 'Cron Jobs' icon which can be found in the Advanced section of your cPanel home screen.
2. In the 'Email' field enter the address that the cron will send details to when it has run a job.
Note: If you do not want an email to be sent for an individual cron job you can redirect the command's output to /dev/null like this:
mycommand >/dev/null 2>&1
3. In the 'Common Settings' drop down select the frequency you require the cron job to run.
4. In the 'Command' field enter the command you wish the system to run.
5. Click on the 'Add New Cron Job' button to create and store your new cron job.
Note: Cron jobs can be edited and deleted from the listing under current Cron Jobs.
Was this answer helpful?
An addon domain allows a new domain name to link to a subdirectory of your account, this means...
To manage a MySQL database using phpMyAdmin, first you need to login to your cPanel account and...
The IP Deny Manager will allow you to block access to your website from a range of IP addresses....
1. Log into cPanel2. Click Email Accounts3. Click the Change Password button to the right of an...
A Hotlink is when content on your site is illegally used (embedded) on another site, using your...